Saturday 15 September 2012

my aching bones

OK, so for once in Wales it was very hot and sunny. The perfect day then to run around Cardiff dressed in a thick bumble bee costume right!? Picture courtesy of someone in Media Wales by the way, yes I'm now kind of famous!

So for the formalities, I ran the 10K in 1hour 13 mins - a little disappointing but just glad to finish in the end. To date I have managed to raise £80 to save the bees! if you would like to donate by the way, here you go: http://www.everyclick.com/bees10k it is officially for the Welsh Bee Keepers Association. In all honesty however, I now believe that I will no longer run. From now on I will concentrate on cycling and possibly a little swimming - as well as of course my ambition to get into the 2016 British Olympic archery team: more on that some other time.

I mean the blister aside my muscles held up pretty well and recovered quite quickly but I still have a little aching on the joints and this is why I think I will stop. I am no longer as fit, light or young as I would like to be so I think I will concentrate on exercise that limits pressure on the joints.  

3 comments:

  1. It’s sad to hear this kind of news. Aside from changing your exercise routine, you can also focus on taking supplements such as calcium, vitamin D, or hyaluronic acid. Calcium and vitamin D may strengthen your bones, which can help you relieve the pain. Hyaluronic acid, on the other hand, restores the synovial fluid on your joints, providing you with increased mobility. Take care, Ross!

    Yulanda Mccargo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much Yulanda, I will look into this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much Yulanda, I will look into this.

    ReplyDelete